Confidentiality Notice and HIPPA Regulations:
I comply with HIPPA regulations. Under HIPPA, I am required to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information about my patient’s health, healthcare, and payment for healthcare services. I only disclose a patient’s information with the following exceptions:
- A patient gives written consent/permission.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent or elder abuse, for which I am required, by law, to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a person is threatening serious bodily harm to another person(s), I must notify the police and inform the intended victim(s). If a client intends to harm herself or himself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If there is no cooperation, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law to ensure their safety.
- If the patient is a minor or a patient who cannot make their own health care decisions, I am permitted to share information directly related to care with the caregiver or representative. I always act in the best interest in the patient, and if there is a concern that sharing this information will harm the patient, information will not be shared. Therapeutic notes are never shared.
Patients are provided with the legal right to access their information and medical records when requested. I do not keep their health records on file outside of clinical notes, if a client requests the clinical notes, I will release them upon written request. Clients self-report.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience. We specifically request you not fill in an details about your health or mental health.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you fill in our contact form, to reach out with our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email, or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
We do not use Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since the browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. We only allow Cookies via Google Analytics to source generic and nonspecific data of our userbase. Google does not give us Ips that are identifiable to any specific user.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. We do not allow Google ads on our website, but we do use Google Ads to reach new potential clients. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
[email protected] and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.